Tzatziki, Ziziki, Tatziki… pronounce it however you’d like but this Greek yogurt and cucumber dip is one of the best and easiest condiments to make!! It is a staple at all Greek restaurants, typically served with pita bread or falafel or as a yummy spread in pita sandwiches.
Traditional tzatziki has greek yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. For a little saltiness and extra deliciousness I also added some feta cheese to this recipe. Cause who doesn’t like feta cheese??? But honestly, the feta cheese just makes it so creamy and gives it that perfect salty tangy taste in combination with the yogurt.
This tzatziki is refreshing and can be used as a versatile component in so many recipes. Here are some of the ways you could serve it:
- As a dip with some warm pita bread and raw vegetables
- As a dipping sauce/ aioli with roasted vegetables (here’s a delectable roasted vegetable recipe to go with this tzatziki)
- As a spread in pita sandwiches
- As a dipping sauce for falafel
- As a salad dressing (it’s perfectly light and refreshing for a summer salad)
- As a dressing for a pasta salad
- OMG…..in burgers!! (ditch the mayo for this healthier yogurt based sauce)
Did I ever mention that this recipe takes only 5 whole minutes to put together??? You need one large bowl to mix all the ingredients in……and voila its ready!! This tzatziki sauce is going to become a staple in your home no matter what you have it with!
- 2 cups 0% fat Greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and finely chopped
- 2 small cloves of garlic minced or grated
- 1 tbsp dill finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese optional
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a larger bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- That's it.....it's ready!!!
Leave a Reply