I recently shared the recipe for soft, juicy Falafel. Along with the falafel I had also made a delicious cabbage slaw with a Tahini sauce.
I played around with these 3 elements- falafel, slaw and Tahini sauce to make pita sandwiches, falafel salad and a mezze plater for 3 different meals. I love it when one batch of cooking can be versatile and used in many ways.
The slaw salad is also a great way to use up all your excess vegetables or you can get a pack of pre-chopped slaw from the store- whichever works for you.
In this recipe I used Tahini sauce as the dressing for the slaw but it goes great as a dipping sauce for falafel or with pita chips.
Healthy Slaw with Tahini Sauce
For the salad
- 1/2 Cabbage, shredded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 Carrot, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
For the Tahini sauce
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 clove Garlic, grated or minced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Prepare the Tahini sauce by mixing all ingredients together using a whisk until it forms a smoothly blended sauce.
- Place all the salad ingredients except the sesame seeds in a large bowl. Pour the Tahini sauce and toss it all together until everything is well coated with the sauce. Add sesame seeds on top to garnish. Serve at chilled or at room temperature.