Our 2 weeks of spring time in Texas is almost over and 6 months of summer is about to begin. Well it doesn’t really go on for 6 months but it sure feels like it. We’ve already hit temperatures in the 90s, and it’s only a matter of days before we hit the 100F mark!
Keeping yourself well hydrated is crucial, especially in the Texas summer months! Two of my go to beverages to stay cool during the summer months are a glass of chilled Rosé and Agua Fresca made from fresh summer fruits.
Agua Fresca is a popular Mexican beverages, which is a blend of fresh fruit, water and lime juice. Watermelon is our absolute favorite summer fruit, so we usually resort to that but even honeydew or cantalope are fantastic options. Serve it as is for a delicious summer drink or spike it with some vodka to make a super refreshing watermelon martini, this drink is sure to make your hot summers super cool!!!
Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca
- 4 cups peeled ripe watermelon roughly diced
- 3 cups water
- 4 thin slices of lime
- 12 mint leaves
- Add the cubed watermelon and water to a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Strain through a medium strainer into a large pitcher or bowl.
- Divide the mint leaves and lime slices into 4 glasses and muddle the ingredients together.
- Add 2 cubes of ice into each glass and pour in the Watermelon Agua Fresco.
- Stir and serve.