Parfaits are one of my favorite things to eat with a nice hot latte early morning. WAIT! Esha doesn’t drink coffee so you should know that the blog is being TAKEN OVER for this post and it’s Roshan in the pilot seat.
I still remember the first time Esha introduced me to this mixture of yogurt, granola, and blueberries on a flight to Paris and I turned to her and said “Wow! This is breakfast?!?” Needless to say, that trip changed breakfast forever for me.
Two years later, I still find myself changing things up and using strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and even pomegranate (yes, pomegranate is amazing on a parfait)
From my experience of several hundred parfaits over the past few years, I’ve come to realize the perfect parfait consists of a few things:
- Ripe fruit – go to the market and buy the brightest, red strawberries or bluest blueberries, get the point? The riper and brighter the fruit, the tastier and sweeter your parfait will turn out.
- The perfect crunch – enter Granola! Esha has a terrific granola recipe coming up btw!
- A smooth finish – finding a consistency of yogurt here is just as important as the previous two. I personally like Chobani’s plain Greek yogurt with my parfait for its smooth texture and delicious taste! This might take some trial and error based on the consistency you prefer, but trust me, when you know – you know!
Mixed Berry Parfait
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mixed berries of your choice
- 1/2 cup granola
- Place 3 spoons of the yogurt.
- Add a layer of granola and then a layer of the berries.
- Repeat with a layer of yogurt, granola and berries.
- Its ready to serve!