By now you probably have gathered how important clean, good tasting food is to me. I do believe that you have to be mindful of what you put in your body but at the same time it should also taste good. Taste should never be a compromise.
While the name Green Smoothie may sound scary or unappetizing, believe me it actually tastes really good. This smoothie is one of my go-to breakfast items when I’m scrambling to get to work in the morning. I typically prep a whole week worth of the ingredients in individual ziplock bags and freeze them. All I have to do in morning is empty the bag in my blending jar, add some water and give it a few pulses.
Yield 10 oz
It's healthy, cleansing, tasty and the perfect power-packed start to your day!
- Handful bunch of kale, thick stems removed
- Handful bunch spinach, thick stems removed
- A few sprigs of parsley or cilantro
- 1 pear, peeled and deseeded
- 3 inch long cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 inch slice of fresh ginger
- A pinch of rock salt or coarse sea salt
- Honey (optional, if you want some added natural sweetness)
- Add all the ingredient to your blender along with 1/2 cup of water.
- Blend until smooth.
Meal Prep Tip: Pack the ingredients in ziplock bags and freeze them in advance. So every time you need a quick breakfast or a healthy snack, all you have to do is blend until smooth!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 61 mg
Total Carbohydrates 28 g
Sugars 15 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.