By now you probably have gathered how important clean, good tasting food is to me. I do believe that you have to be mindful of what you put in your body but at the same time it should also taste good. Taste should never be a compromise.
While the name Green Smoothie may sound scary or unappetizing, believe me it actually tastes really good. This smoothie is one of my go-to breakfast items when I’m scrambling to get to work in the morning. I typically prep a whole week worth of the ingredients in individual ziplock bags and freeze them. All I have to do in morning is empty the bag in my blending jar, add some water and give it a few pulses.
- Handful bunch of kale thick stems removed
- Handful bunch spinach thick stems removed
- A few sprigs of parsley or cilantro
- 1 pear peeled and deseeded
- 3 inch long cucumber peeled
- 1/2 inch slice of fresh ginger
- A pinch of rock salt or coarse sea salt
- Honey optional, if you want some added natural sweetness
- Add all the ingredient to your blender along with 1/2 cup of water.
- Blend until smooth.