Ever since Roshan got me a pasta maker for Christmas, we have been trying out all types of different pastas at home. It has become our “date night-in” staple. Let me just tell you, Roshan LOVES pasta!! Its probably one of his favorite foods in the world and this pasta definitely tops them all.
This pasta is inspired from the simple Aglio e Olio which essentially translates to pasta in oil. It is a traditional Italian pasta originating from Naples and is made by lightly sauteeing garlic in olive oil, sometimes with the addition of dried red chili flakes, and tossing with spaghetti.
This version elevates the traditional pasta, with the addition of fresh parsley and lemon juice it makes it so much more refreshing. Moreover, all it needs is 7 simple ingredients, that are probably always there in your pantry. Its quick, light, flavorful and oh so elegant! Its makes for the perfect dine in date night meal. And on everyone of those nights when Roshan volunteers to be my sous chef, its a lot of fun putting this dish together.
7 Ingredient Date Night Pasta
Yield 4 servings
Simple, classy date night dinner using only 7 staple pantry ingredients. This pasta is a light refreshing take on aglio e olio and definitely takes it up a notch!
- 8oz long pasta of your choice (Fettuccini, Linguini, Spaghetti, even Gluten Free!)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta as the package instructions. If using fresh pasta, boil for only 60-90 seconds. Cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-large saucepan heat some EVOO, until it has light bubbles. Add the chopped garlic and let is sauté so that oil gets infused with the flavor of garlic.
- Transfer the pasta from the water to the pan, using tongs so that you can get some of the starchy water.
- Add the parsley and juice of the lemon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss it all together with the pasta.
- Serve pasta in a plate, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese
Substitutions: Make this gluten free by using your favorite gluten free pasta.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Sodium 346 mg
Total Carbohydrates 47 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.