Ever since Roshan got me a pasta maker for Christmas, we have been trying out all types of different pastas at home. It has become our “date night-in” staple. Let me just tell you, Roshan LOVES pasta!! Its probably one of his favorite foods in the world and this pasta definitely tops them all.
This pasta is inspired from the simple Aglio e Olio which essentially translates to pasta in oil. It is a traditional Italian pasta originating from Naples and is made by lightly sauteeing garlic in olive oil, sometimes with the addition of dried red chili flakes, and tossing with spaghetti.
This version elevates the traditional pasta, with the addition of fresh parsley and lemon juice it makes it so much more refreshing. Moreover, all it needs is 7 simple ingredients, that are probably always there in your pantry. Its quick, light, flavorful and oh so elegant! Its makes for the perfect dine in date night meal. And on everyone of those nights when Roshan volunteers to be my sous chef, its a lot of fun putting this dish together.
7 Ingredient Date Night Pasta
- 8 oz long pasta of your choice Fettuccini, Linguini, Spaghetti, even Gluten Free!
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley coarsely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic coarsely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parmesan cheese to garnish optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta as the package instructions. If using fresh pasta, boil for only 60-90 seconds. Cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-large saucepan heat some EVOO, until it has light bubbles. Add the chopped garlic and let is sauté so that oil gets infused with the flavor of garlic.
- Transfer the pasta from the water to the pan, using tongs so that you can get some of the starchy water.
- Add the parsley and juice of the lemon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss it all together with the pasta.
- Serve pasta in a plate, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese