Thai Green Curry Paste
Servings: 12 oz
- 1 cup cilantro
- 5-25 thai green/ red chili peppers varies based on desired spice level
- 3 whole stalks of lemongrass / 3 tbsp dried lemongrass
- 2 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 inch piece of galangal or ginger
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 6-8 kaffir lime leaves if not available double up on the zest and juice of lime
- 4-6 dried red chili pepper optional for extra spice
Add all the ingredients in a small size blender or food processor. (I like use the smoothie jars from my ninja set).
Add about 1/2 cup of water.
Pulse until smoothly blended.
Store in fridge for 1 week or in freezer for up to 3 months.
Spice level: Roshan and I typically enjoy spicy food so I usually add about 15 chili peppers. Here is a break up to help you attain the desired spice level.
Level 1, Extremely Mild: 5 chili peppers
Level 2, Medium: 10 chili peppers
Level 3, Spicy: 15 chili peppers
Level 4, Extra Spicy: 20 chili peppers
Level 5, Deadly Spicy: 25 chili peppers
Storage: Store this paste in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serving: 4oz | Sodium: 51mg | Sugar: 3.6g | Fiber: 9.6g | Calories: 117kcal | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 28.9g