7 Ingredient Date Night Pasta
Simple, classy date night dinner using only 7 staple pantry ingredients. This pasta is a light refreshing take on aglio e olio and definitely takes it up a notch!
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz long pasta of your choice Fettuccini, Linguini, Spaghetti, even Gluten Free!
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley coarsely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic coarsely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parmesan cheese to garnish optional
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta as the package instructions. If using fresh pasta, boil for only 60-90 seconds. Cook until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a medium-large saucepan heat some EVOO, until it has light bubbles. Add the chopped garlic and let is sauté so that oil gets infused with the flavor of garlic.
Transfer the pasta from the water to the pan, using tongs so that you can get some of the starchy water.
Add the parsley and juice of the lemon.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss it all together with the pasta.
Serve pasta in a plate, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese
Substitutions: Make this gluten free by using your favorite gluten free pasta.
Sodium: 346mg | Sugar: 2g | Calories: 298kcal | Fat: 19g | Protein: 9g | Carbohydrates: 47g