Vegetable Thai Green Curry
Yield 6 servings
Coconut-y, spicy and delicious, this Thai Green Curry is to die for!! I highly recommend making your own thai paste from scratch, cause that's what takes it to the next level!
- 4 tablespoons Thai Green Curry paste (varies on your desired spice level)
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup water chestnuts
- 1 15oz can of coconut cream
- 1 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or pot.
- Add onions and sauté for a few minutes until they are translucent.
- Add the peppers, sweet potatoes and water chestnuts and stir well.
- Add the green curry paste and mix well so that the vegetables are well coated.
- Let the vegetables and curry paste cook together for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut cream and mix well.
- Add about 1 cup of water to adjust for consistency.
- Cover with a lid and the let curry come to boil.
- Simmer on low gas for about 8-10 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with white rice, brown rice or quinoa
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.6 g
Saturated Fat 5.1 g
Sodium 564 mg
Total Carbohydrates 43.2 g
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 3.1 g
Recipe by The Greedy Belly at https://www.thegreedybelly.com/vegetable-thai-green-curry/