The past few weeks have been an absolute havoc! Work has been crazy, we’ve been traveling a lot (for fun and work), our boy Cowboy had a leg injury, we had some car issues – it’s like when life happens in full form and you don’t realize how time just flies by.
We also just completed our 5 day detox cleanse last week. We thought that was so much needed to just help us get back on track. While I do have our entire cleanse on my Instagram story highlights, I plan on having it all put together on the blog as well, that’s work in progress for now!
For now we have some family friends coming over for dinner, so I’m trying to put together a quick one pot meal for a weekday dinner. On the menu is this Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta, which I promise you takes no more than 20 minutes, along with a quick Pesto Bruschetta.
This is recipe really uses ingredients that I had lying around in the refrigerator and pantry. I’m always well stocked on pasta and greens. When we were at the local market in Barcelona’s we bought these amazing sun dried tomatoes, which I have been dying to use and of course the most amazing of Parmegiano Reggiano cheese that we got back from Modena. This recipe is quick, easy and so freaking delicious!!
Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- 1 8 oz pack of pasta I used gluten free pasta from Trader Joe's
- 2 cups spinach roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/2 heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1/2 cup Parmegiano Reggianno cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta as per the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium high. Add garlic and let is saute until fragrant.
- Add the sub dried tomatoes and let them saute and soften for 1-2 minutes. Season with Italian herbs, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Add the heavy cream, milk, pasta water and cheese to this the skillet. Stir until all the cheese has melted and it forms a smooth, bubbly sauce. The sauce should also start thickening up at this point.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and spinach. The spinach will start wilting down almost immediately.
- Adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding milk if its too thick or more cheese it is too thin.
- Stir well and serve warm.
furtdso linopv says
Fantastic website. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks in your sweat!