Hearty Minestrone Soup
Yield 5 servings
Warm, cozy and wholesome, this minestrone soup is the ultimate goodness in a bowl. Lots of vegetables, nourishing grains and lots of fresh herbs really bring this soup to life!
- 4 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables, cut into 0.5 cubes (bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, green beans, celery)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 can 15oz red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup farro or any short pasta (orzo, orecchiette, farfalle, elbow macaroni)
- 3 cups vegetable stock/ broth
- 8-10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs oregano, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cover with lid.
- Let the tomatoes cook for about 5 minutes, so that they lose their moisture and start softening.
- At this point, add in the spinach and fresh herb.
- Once the spinach completely wilts, add red kidney beans and the pasta/farro.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring it all to a boil.
- Once the soup starts boiling, cover with a lid and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until the pasta/farro is completely cooked.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve pipping hot!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Sodium 859 mg
Total Carbohydrates 31.8 g
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 9.3 g
Recipe by The Greedy Belly at https://www.thegreedybelly.com/gluten-free-hearty-minestrone-soup/