Cauliflower Fried Rice
Yield 4 servings
Healthy + delicious, it really doesn't get better than this!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 2 carrots, diced into small cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced in to small cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I used tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon sambal or chili garlic sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the cauliflower into rice: Grate the cauliflower on a large size cheese grater or give it a few quick pulses in the food processor.
- In a wok or large pan, heat the sesame oil. Add onions, garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute, until the onion is transparent.
- Next add the bell pepper, carrots and peas and stir fry them until the vegetables are cooked but still have a bite to them (about 3-4 minutes).
- Now add in the tamari (or soy sauce), sambal (or your choice of hot sauce), salt and pepper and give it a good mix.
- Last but not least add the cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes until the cauliflower softens but should not be mushy.
- Garnish with scallions on top and serve hot.
Cuisine Asian Fusion
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Sodium 273 mg
Total Carbohydrates 29.8 g
Dietary Fiber 9 g
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 7.3 g
Recipe by The Greedy Belly at https://www.thegreedybelly.com/cauliflower-fried-rice/