I’m not exactly sure when or what started the whole trend on cauliflower rice but it sure is a brilliant idea! I know we are getting a little hipster-ish with this recipe but it’s just too yum!!! Oh and so freaking healthy!!
I think cauliflower is a one of the most underestimated vegetables. Roast it, grill it, make it into rice, use it as pizza crust or add it to curries- the options are endless! This cauliflower rice recipe takes no more than 15 minutes and is so absolutely delish!
For this recipe I added only vegetables but adding some protein in the form of scrambled eggs or tofu would be a great idea!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Healthy + delicious, it really doesn't get better than this!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 2 carrots diced into small cubes
- 1 green bell pepper diced in to small cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 4 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce I used tamari for gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon sambal or chili garlic sauce optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the cauliflower into rice: Grate the cauliflower on a large size cheese grater or give it a few quick pulses in the food processor.
- In a wok or large pan, heat the sesame oil. Add onions, garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute, until the onion is transparent.
- Next add the bell pepper, carrots and peas and stir fry them until the vegetables are cooked but still have a bite to them (about 3-4 minutes).
- Now add in the tamari (or soy sauce), sambal (or your choice of hot sauce), salt and pepper and give it a good mix.
- Last but not least add the cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes until the cauliflower softens but should not be mushy.
- Garnish with scallions on top and serve hot.
Serving: 1cup | Sodium: 273mg | Sugar: 13.4g | Fiber: 9g | Calories: 141kcal | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Fat: 0.6g | Protein: 7.3g | Carbohydrates: 29.8g
Together with every thing that seems to be developing inside this specific subject matter, many of your viewpoints are somewhat radical. Even so, I am sorry, but I do not subscribe to your entire idea, all be it exhilarating none the less. It seems to us that your comments are generally not totally rationalized and in simple fact you are generally your self not even wholly convinced of your assertion. In any case I did enjoy reading it.
judi bola says
Wⲟw, increԁiblе blo layout! How long have you been blogɡing for?
you make bloggimg look easy. Thhe overall look of your website is wonderful, let aⅼоne the content! https://cell-Phone-ringtones-1130633.blogspot.com/